Center for Social Expertise
Assessment of polices understanding of the educational materials on the topic ‘Hate crimes based on SOGIESC’
Comprehensive training program on LGBTI integration for the National Police of Ukraine “.
Project manager: Trofymenko O.
Customer: Egale Canada in partnership with LGBT Association LIGA.
Implementation period: May-June 2021.
The aim of the study:
- gather information that will be used to refine the curriculum, using the topics discussed to create a quality training product for police officers in order to better understand and protect LGBT groups in Ukraine.
- Identify how the curriculum can be improved
- Determine how it can be understood
- Determine which topics may face resistance / rejection and what may be the reasons;
- Identify how problems can be solved
Focus groups were conducted in Kyiv on May 25th and 28s. The participants were people with experience in law enforcement for more than 2 years, aged 18 to 35 years.
According to the results of the research, an analytical report was created in two languages.