The study is conducted within the framework of the USAID project “Support to Agricultural and Rural Development”
Customer: Chemonics International Inc.
Executor: Subsidiary Enterprise “Center of Social Expertise named after Yu. Sayenko”
Manager – Trofymenko O.V.
Implementation period: 06.02.2020 – 11.05.2020.
The aim of the research is to study 12 administrative procedures, assess the level of corruption, as well as to conduct opinion poll of landowners and residents of united territorial communities towards the level of their active participation in community life.
Objectives of the study:
- Providing a quantitative assessment of the time (how much time was spent) and funds needed to carry out administrative procedures for land registration).
- Estimating the percentage of agricultural enterprises (of various sizes (except large agricultural enterprises)) operating in the following marketing chains: fruits, vegetables, milk and meat) that report corruption in the agricultural sector.
- Conducting a sociological survey to obtain a list of benefits of opening a land market and the percentage of respondents who understand and support it, among landowners up to 50 hectares and among the adult population of Ukraine.
- Conducting a survey among the residents of target UTCs, in order to assess their participation in the life of their community.
- Carrying out a comparative analysis of the obtained data with the results of the initial survey in 2017 and providing data sets in the format of “Agrosilrozvytok”project.
The total sample size is 2304 respondents.
Target groups of the study:
- Agricultural enterprises and farms
- Citizens of Ukraine 18 years old and older who own land plots from 0.251 to 50 hectares
- Citizens of Ukraine 18 years old and older, residents of target and non-target UTC: residents of UTC
- Citizens of Ukraine 18 years old and older, residents of target and non-target OTGs: target and non-target OTGs
An analytical report was prepared based on the results of the survey.